Trader Joe's Lobster Rolls
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- One pack of Argentinian shrimp (around 20, peeled and deveined)
- One bag of brioche buns (4 buns, gluten-free if needed)
- A handful of chives, finely chopped
- A handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup of vegan mayo (use regular mayo if you prefer)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (use vegan butter if preferred)
- Salt, pepper, and onion salt
- Oil for cooking
1. In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add half of the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the butter, and allow it to melt, stirring occasionally.
2. Rinse off the shrimp and add them to the skillet (frozen is fine). Add the juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper, and onion salt. Turn the heat up and bring the shrimp to a light boil, then reduce the heat and cover the skillet. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
3. While the shrimp are cooking, prepare the mayo mixture. In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayo, remaining garlic, chopped chives, parsley, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Adjust the flavor according to your preference.
4. For your dipping butter, in a small saucepan, melt the remaining stick of butter with a little bit of garlic, parsley, chives, and a couple of tablespoons of the juice from the cooked shrimp.
5. Once the shrimp are cooked, let them cool for a few minutes before chopping them into bite-sized pieces. Mix the chopped shrimp with the prepared mayo mixture.
6. To assemble the lobster rolls, toast the brioche buns (gluten-free if needed) for that added crunch, and place a romaine lettuce leaf on the bottom half of each bun. Divide the shrimp mixture evenly among the buns and top with additional chopped chives and parsley, for a touch of color and freshness.